Saturday, 3 August 2013

South African Holiday - Part 2 - Lory Park


Before travelling down to Natal, we stayed with our old friends Mike and Linda-Maree. Mike and Trev go back years, through model flying, and I met Linda-Maree through their friendship. The similarities between our men and ourselves is remarkable, and it makes for a very close friendship. While staying with them we visited a place called Lory Park....what a memorable day it turned out to be.

We saw loads of animals and birds, and I let Maxine have my camera which made for some interesting pictures! My highlight of the day was going into the lion cub enclosure. Initially Maxine didn't want to go in with Kayla-Fern, so I said I would accompany Kayla-Fern. Then Maxine saw she didn't have anything to be afraid of, and asked to come in.....I was so pleased for her, as it will be a priceless memory for her.

 
At first, a little unsure....
 

Getting closer.....
 

So lovely seeing the two girls. I was amazed at the difference between these two ladies - born only four days apart, but different in so many ways.
 

 
I have pictures, but don't actually remember doing something like this when I was very little, so it was AWESOME doing it again.
 
 
Brad and Kayleigh (hope I've remembered the spelling correctly).
I still can't believe Brad is grown up now. When Trev and I left South Africa for England, Brad was a young child......and that's how I'll always remember him.
 
 
Group photo....old friends.....wonderful friends.
 
And, finally, my favourite picture from Lory Park.....a meerkat.
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Welcome Back - Your first part bought tears to my eyes - because I know how emotional it was...Loved the second part, and yes, you spelt Kayleigh's name right
    Lots of Love
    Linda-Maree

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome moment...to cuddle with a white lion cub...and I love your meerkat photo.

    ReplyDelete