Meet Rolo the Bear. He accompanied us to South Africa, with Myrrill, Maxine's favourite toy. He was loaned from the school, and formed part of a journal of our holiday that Maxine shared with her classmates. This is him on the balcony of Lionel's flat, in St. Michael's on Sea.
I love the South African clouds.....
And beaches.....
Umtata beach
Beautiful driftwood
And what would the coastal regions be without the pesky monkeys!
We visited the Waffle Hut in Ramsgate, and discovered the Tangled Woods.
We also went to a couple of the local attractions to keep ourselves busy as it was too hot for the beach. We came across a leather curio place, that was quite unexpected, nestled in some trees, and with quite a 'hippy' feel about it. After we were lectured by the owner about the virtues of his leather and expressly forbidden to touch anything without calling him (he did this with all the visitors), we were suitably put off trying to buy anything....but it really was quite amusing at the time.
And to think I thought I was passionate about my work......I don't have a scratch on this guy!!!
This was just part of their place.....really tranquil and peaceful with all the wind chimes......quite surreal.
Equally surreal......one of their dogs, just lounging on the couch.
We also stopped off at another curio shop where I found an old metal bowl that I really liked. The owner was quite astounded when I wanted to buy it.....as it was part of their display, and it was old and rusty in places (in my defence, it had a price tag on the bottom of it!)
And this is the same old bowl, in our lounge window in England.
Pretty, hey?











I have been to the South Coast of Natal twice this year and each time was awesome. What would a visit to that area be like without a visit to the Waffle Hut.
ReplyDelete