Friday, 30 August 2013

Lucy the Cat

I forgot to mention someone very special from our South African holiday.....we saw our old cat Lucy again!


The picture above is of our old cats Merlin and Lucy, in our garden in South Africa before we left South Africa. Merlin was a wild kitten that Trev rescued from his workshop, and I honestly can't remember how we got Lucy.

We gave Lucy to two friends of ours when we left at the beginning of 2000. And, quite unbelievably, when we popped in to visit them, Jane mentioned that Lucy was still alive. The most amazing thing for me was that Lucy, as old as what she is, recognised me and gave me so much love when she saw me......so unexpected!

The funny thing when I looked through these old photos was that I realised how much Merlin looks like our present cat Purrloin (see below):

 
That's it from me for now....more to follow this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment