Friday, 23 August 2013

Time to take my camera out again

The weeks blurred a bit after our return. I guess in part it was struggling with the loss of Yousif which has meant a fair bit of re-structuring at work. And at home it was re-adjusting after our wonderful holiday and we did a lot of weighing up whether to move back to SA. It was s very stressful time.

And then one day we discovered a little visitor in our pond. I just had to take my camera out.....




It's a baby Mallard duckling, just one day old.
 
We couldn't just leave it in the pond as it was too cold - it would have died for sure. So in he came, to be housed in the old hamster cage. And a night of frantic internet research of how to care for a baby duckling!
 
 
Just look how tiny he was! He was so weak the first night, I honestly didn't think he would make it through the night.
 
 
But he did, and he never looked back.
 
 
I had so much fun taking pictures of him in the pond....just too cute!
 
 
I loved this last picture because he really was telling me off for taking pictures of him because he wanted to come inside.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment