I'd managed to get from Maxine that she wanted her party at home, and that she wanted a mixture of her friends from her old school, and some from her new. I am so proud of our little girl. She has been through such a big change in the last year....leaving all the friends from her old school and starting secondary(high) school, jumping from Year 5 to Year 7, and, if that change wasn't enough adjusting from mainstream education to special. Initially when we were talking about party ideas she was very 'anti' anyone from her new school attending, which I was a little sad about....then she did a complete 180 and only wanted children from her new school.....finally settling on a mixture of both.
She was very determined about having her party at home, which made things a bit tricky for me in terms of keeping the kids busy for a couple of hours. Not just a couple of hours.....Maxine wanted 4 hours! And she wanted a Peter Pan theme. I eventually found a company specialising in kids parties, and one doing Peter Pan themes (albeit for younger children normally, but they were more than accommodating).
It was a strange mixture of children from Year 3 to Year 9, from different schools, and differing learning abilities, but all the girls clicked and were chatting and playing party games much better......I couldn't have asked for anything more.
Honestly, it was a lovely day, and everyone seemed to have a great time.





No comments:
Post a Comment