Sunday, 29 January 2012

Weekly Update - It's the little things in life....

After week before last's tiring week, I was hoping for a slightly easier week this past week.....ha ha, like that was going to happen!

I received a text from the childminder on Sunday evening to tell me she was back, but her mom had fallen and broken her hip, so she wasn't going to be available from the Tuesday......poor lady. I was always so grateful that for all the falls my mom had while she was still walking, she was so lucky to never have broken any bones.

Maxine had said she wasn't feeling well on Wednesday afternoon at school, and had asked for medicine for her headache when she got home. But by Wednesday evening I knew it was going to be an all-nighter as her temperature started spiking. Maxine has had this for as long as I can remember, she has these spells with temperature spikes and vomiting, with little rhyme or reason...sometimes just during the night, and she's fine the next day, other times she will be like it the next day as well and take a few days to get better. This time was one of the latter.......funny how none of the parenting books tell you quite how awful you will feel as you leave your child in the morning and head off to work for a meeting......both physically and mentally.

Anyway, she's better now, and today was Papa's birthday, and Maxine's been really sweet, making him feel really special, which is lovely to see.

As I mentioned in my TUM blog, I lost myself taking some pics this morning. They were of the flowers in my bathroom, which I treated myself to after running around for more than an hour looking for guacamole on Friday afternoon for Trev's mom (don't ask?!!!). I'll begin with Trev's favourite:




I'm starting to enjoy black and white.


There is a very subtle difference in focal point between these two, and I quite liked both, for that very reason.




This week is going to be horrendous.....final year end figures to be submitted on Tuesday, January month end by Friday (have still not received the templates from Germany, which then need to be linked to all my other files, and have formulae added into all the cells on the worksheets), and then, finally, the Auditors arrive the following Monday morning for the year end audit.......do think of me.....please!!!

(Aah, yes, and let me not forget the 5 interviews for apprentices on Monday and Tuesday)


Anyhooo....onwards and upwards....washing and ironing calls....

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your tough week...will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you Mariette - while I am frantic to get through this assignment to hand in tomorrow - then tomorrow starting on the next one due on Monday - then preparing for the wedding on Sunday - half way through the tick list of my week! Love you bunches Cx

    ReplyDelete