Christmas snuck up on me this year....I think because I was so busy in October and November, and suddenly it wasn't just December, it was a week before Christmas! And a part of me, in reading my November post, wasn't very happy with where I was at and I was trying to sort myself out.
And then Christmas happened and there was such a lovely atmosphere in the house and suddenly none of it mattered.......none of the getting upset over the small things mattered anymore. Cooking the dinner, organising the day, none of it mattered.....I felt a peace and love within me that I haven't felt for a while, and it felt really good.
And there were little bits like Trevor making a very unsubtle comment to his parents one evening which, although uncomfortable, needing saying, and has made a small difference. There has been the weight lifted off our shoulders about making the decision about Maxine's school. Whilst the red tape and paperwork are still to follow, making the decision was the hardest bit.
Christmas has allowed me to take a step back and look at the bigger picture again, and not be so caught up in the detail, and I am feeling much better about many things, past and present.
Amazing how Christmas can sneak up on you. I was so not ready for it this year. I only got my HO HO HO the day before Christmas...while I was busy preparing the meats for the big Christmas Lunch. I reminded myself again that the reason for the season is our Lord and to let go of all the other little things that was stealing my joy.
ReplyDelete