Lows
- Seeing my mom's (only) friend get taken by paramedics last Sunday evening following a stroke. She sleeps in the room next my mom's at the home, so I eventually closed the door over a bit because I found it too close to my heart to watch the events unfold. I asked this evening how she's doing, but it's 'not looking good' and it's unlikely she'll come home. I'm concerned about the impact this will have on my mom....as it is tonight she was well confused again, and in a lot of pain with her joints. Part of life, I guess, but not one I'm looking forward to, if I'm honest.
- Weighing myself and seeing I've put on a kg since the new year.
- I've been doing a lot of thinking about my brother this week, and I am starting to realise that the relationship I long for so much is just not going to happen. I have started praying for help because I just don't know how I can let go, nor if it's 'the right thing'......I just don't know what to do anymore.
- Tackling the dirty shower today (remember previous blog about pet hates!)
Highs
- Getting my ironing done this afternoon
- Going to watch Girl with the Dragon Tattoo with Trev on Wednesday night (despite Maxine pulling at my heart strings wanting me to stay....boy, she makes it hard to have 'me time' sometimes!)
- Watching Cowboys and Aliens with Trev at home on Thursday night - both are excellent movies!
- Having my doggie sit next to me every night on the couch. Such a spoiled brakkie!!
- Having my brother-in-law phone yesterday, and having an hour long conversation with him. Made me realise how lucky I am that I have (had) one (two) brothers-in-law who do care for me, and Maxine, and (obviously) Trev.
- Finding an old picture of my dad that I'd never seen before, whilst sorting out my mom's drawers for her (I asked her if I could borrow it to scan, and returned it to her this evening). He just looks so 'him'!
Being Wonder Woman
- A friend gave me her old cross trainer last weekend......me being me 'zoned out' a little too well last Sunday evening, and, after an hour, thought 'ooh, my legs feel a bit wobbly'.......hah hah.......it took me until Friday before I could walk properly.....what was I thinking?!!! I haven't been in that much pain for a very long time!
(I've since managed 30 minutes yesterday and today, on a lower setting......much better.)
That's it from me for tonight.......with my doggie by my side on the couch....


Lovely post Mariette - Glad you got to go out with Trev - Kayla-Fern tries exaclty the same thing with me - At the moment it is all about the school bag - Had her in tears this morning cos Mike checked the bag and said it could still last a few months....
ReplyDelete