First up, Pam, with a lovely picture of her French Breakfast Radishes. What vibrant colours!
Claire next, with a picture taken whilst visiting her hero - Sylvain Guenot - a french photographer.
(His hero is Jean Loup Sieff)
Linda-Maree took a picture of her friends' French poodle. I'm glad you enjoyed this week, Linda, and look forward to seeing all your pictures.
I must confess there are only two breeds I am terrified of......the one being Rottweilers, the other being French Poodles (to explain, my old Dominee had two, who did not like me at all, and they scared the heck out of me whenever we visited at their home).
My picture is of the box of my favourite brand of French soap.
I've always LOVED fancy soaps, and collected them as a child. I used to price them all up and play 'shop' with myself, practising how much the different combinations would cost (it shouldn't have come as a surprise to me that I later became an accountant!). Most of my soaps came from my gran - soaps and dainty handkerchiefs....now that takes me back a bit!
The other pictures I took this week :
I couldn't use this picture as this particular soap is Italian, not French (I've used up my French supply at the moment), but I include it because it's lavender, which is my favourite. My friends Phil and Brent usually always bring some back for me whenever they go to France.
Which brings me to my final point in my soap story....I never buy it for myself....just wouldn't be the same!
My next picture is of my Basset Hound, Jessi, who, whilst she herself is British, her breed is French.
Indeed, the name 'Basset', as derived from the French "bas", means "low set".
Jessi really does not like looking at the camera when I take pics, so I mostly get side profiles of her face!
But this one was cute.
And my final picture is of my dad and his brother (on the left), whose lineage dates back to one of the original French Huguenots.
And so, I leave you on a very happy note, with very fond memories of my uncle Fanie, who used to spoil us wonderfully whenever we'd visit him....a lovely kind man, who had a very big heart.
Night, night...







Who knew that you had so many FRENCH connections - love the story about the soap, from collecting as little girl to never buying yourself soap - very sweet....Lots of love
ReplyDeleteThank you for such a lovely post and such a lovely email today - I've done it - chat soon - ps at least I know what to get you when we meet up now - we will have to make it after my trip to France!
ReplyDelete