Sunday, 29 January 2012

TUM - Art

It was Linda-Maree's choice this week.... and hmmm, yes, well, it proved to be harder than it sounded, despite, as Linda quite rightly pointed out, art IS all around us!

Linda's picture first, a picture of a drawing she bought many years ago. Beautiful!



Next up, Claire, with a section of her antique sewing machine....how pretty is that detail?


Creative Pam strikes again.....I must confess I didn't see the big picture until I uploaded it and it slapped me in the face.......now that, I might add, is the difference between an artistic person, and one who's not!!


(Please don't ask me how I didn't notice it?!!!)

And, lastly, I took a picture of a Banksia vase, which I bought in Australia last year.


I don't often buy things for myself, but I was drawn to this vase. On Thursday night I did some research into them and found it interesting to see what they look like in their natural state.


I don't consider myself to be AT ALL artistic, having even been encouraged to drop art in Standard 9 and rather take up history (I had to study so hard and get close on 100% in art theory in order to compensate for my lack of artistic practical talent, which I regularly failed....and no, I'm not kidding!)

And after the art experience at school I never really attempted anything artistic again ..... numbers and logic come much more naturally to me. It's only since I've been doing TUT that I've started to believe I may have an artistic bone in me after all, and it feels great I have to say! This morning I lost myself for the better part of an hour, just playing around, taking photographs.
(Thank you Linda-Maree!)


Thanks for visiting, and please don't forget the other TUM blogs...

2 comments:

  1. Well done on a lovely post Mariette will be thinking of you and your deadlines as I am striving to reach mine - Studio Assignment due on Thursday, Wedding on Sunday, Darkroom Assignment due on Monday, Performance Management Assignmetn due the following Monday, WE CAN DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this theme and how differently each of you took it. I have never considered myself artistic but have recently found myself wanting to get messy with paint...so we will see where that is going to lead.

    ReplyDelete