Monday, 9 January 2012

Warts and all

I went to see a podiatric surgeon last week, in the hopes of sorting out a verruca on my foot (several, actually, but one particularly large one).....he politely referred to it as 'an arse'....never a good sign!

He then also went on to say that, due to it's size and location, and the trauma involved, he would not recommend surgery. Furthermore, he said that the likelihood of them coming back was so great, there is little point doing the smaller ones.

He said he was surprised no one had ever thought to check my immune system before, because I don't seem able to overcome the virus causing my warts, as is normally the case, and also mentioned a possible treatment in the form of a cream (not available in the UK!) which contained an ingredient used for the treatment of certain types of cancer.

Can't say I feel much better after all of that, if I'm honest. And now I have to wait for a letter to be sent back to my GP, and then wait to see if they contact me, and then follow up re. the blood tests and take it from there.

My feet were the first thing on my list 'to sort out' this year......I'm almost too afraid to see what they say when I try and get my headaches sorted out!!!!

On other news, Trevor, Maxine and I are currently involved in a study on Floating Harbour, investigating a possible gene responsible for the genetic mutation. It's quite exciting to be involved, although I think I aged several years this morning trying to get Maxine to voluntarily spit into her sample vile!

Anyway....will keep you updated as things progress....

2 comments:

  1. Hiya Mariette - not sure how you feel about alternative but I have an amazing miracle man (homeopath) in the Breacon Beacons who will sort you out in no time! I also need to go to him soon - it will be well worth the trip - it's beautiful - and we can meet for a coffee - and it will be the best £30-£50 you ever spend! You only have to see hime once and that includes medication - he can then give you more by post if need be! Let me know if you want his details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Claire. When things calm down a bit, I'd really love to come and meet you (and your homeopath).

    ReplyDelete