We converted 2 of the bedrooms into a bedroom-leading-onto-a-sitting-room for his folks (see blog from May last year http://mk-appreciatinglife.blogspot.com/2011/05/week-32-home.html).
Then we shortened the long passageway leading directly into our bedroom on the other side of the house, making the entrance through my study-come-dressing-room, which leads into our bedroom....which afforded us more privacy than we would have had.
(And painted and re-carpeted every room upstairs).
This is what our bedroom looked liked before we bought the house:
And then the conversion began....
The same corner.....above and below.
I really didn't like the brown doors through the house.
This year we had those replaced as well.
I just LOVE the difference it makes.
This is the view from our bathroom, looking onto our bed.
A close up of my 'fan', bought in Malaysia in 1999, and survived the move from SA to the UK.
I do love my bedroom.....may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it suits me just nicely!
We're currently doing the decking in the back garden....watch this space in a few months time....it's looking really pretty.....








You have such a peaceful bedroom...you did an awesome job with the makeover.
ReplyDelete