Lovely picture, again, Claire.
Next up, Linda-Maree, who made clever use of her flash.
Typically, Pam used her creativity in deciding the choice for this week.
I like the slippers Pam. Mine are blue and fluffy, and not at all posh-looking, like yours!!
As soon as I read the topic for this week, I knew I wanted to take a picture of the street lights in the street where we used to live. It's one of the few areas where you find the 'old-style' street lamps, and they really suit the age of the surrounding houses, many of which are centuries old.
I popped out one evening this week to take the pictures, and it was FREEZING. But it reminded me of one of the things I do like about living in this country.....I can pop out, by myself, at night...I love that freedom.
Here are a couple of other pictures taken.
That's it from me.
You'll be pleased to know that after my mopey post of yesterday, I did what any self-respecting woman would do......had a good cry, did a little ironing, and later did some retail therapy! I decided that I've had enough of wearing ill-fitting baggy jeans because my 'nice' ones are too tight for me at the moment. So I went and bought two new pairs, and a new top, so that I can hold my head high over weekends. Yes, I am bigger than I'd like to be at the moment, but I can't keep beating myself up over it the whole time.
The foot surgeon from the other week, when he read my age, commented about my being in the 'prime of my life'....'yeh, right' I thought....and then afterwards I thought how sad it was that I felt that way. So when I saw a top with a big sparkly 38 on it I smiled to myself...and bought it!
Please do pop along to the other TUM ladies....we are back and firing on all four cylinders!





Beautiful pics Mariette you really aced it this week! Can't wait for DARK!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous photo Mariette ... you comment about 'going out alone' makes me feel sad because we're too scared to move here, unless in a car. I miss Germany for that reason ... and some others!
ReplyDelete