Sunday, 24 May 2015

My mum's remarkable life - Meeting my dad

 
My mum was left devastated by her husband's death.
Her younger brother paid for her to go and visit him in Zambia. He was friends with my dad.......and so began the next chapter in my mum's life.
 

My dad, mum, her brother Dave, and his wife Eve (left to right) in Zambia.

 
I can't imagine what a culture shock it must have been for my mum....fitting into the Afrikaans ways.
My dad's family didn't make it very easy for her either.....initially refusing to even speak to her in English.



 
At Kariba dam, in Zambia.

 
My mum always said how much she hated her hair on her wedding day.....because it was done by a hairdresser and not how she would have done it. To me, she always looked so beautiful.
I loved looking through their wedding album when I was young. This was my favourite picture.
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment