Sunday, 24 May 2015

My mum's remarkable life - Childhood

 
My mum had such an incredible story to tell.....and I learned so much from her in her final years. I have scribbled loads of notes that I need to somehow piece together because much of is was jumbled....so it's a matter of putting order to it all.
 
And I have been able to scan most of her pictures.
 
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
 

Mum was middle sister to two brothers, before my her sister was born when she was thirteen.
 
 
My mum grew up in London during World War 2.......during the air raids and bombing.
 
What I love about my mum is that she never spoke badly of those years....always shared such fond memories.....and even in her final years was describing, with such detail and accuracy,  names, places and snippets from her childhood.


1 comment:

  1. You are so blessed to have all these photos and that you heard her "story" before she died.

    ReplyDelete