Monday, 21 April 2014

Travel Journal - All Aboard

 
As I mentioned earlier, gambling insn't allowed in Malaysian Borneo, although many people are quite hooked by it.
Occasionally there are cruise ships that will load hundreds of paid customers and take them out to sea for a night of gambling, before returning them home in the morning.
 
We met up with some of Flo's family as we patiently queued to go onboard.
And were greeted by some hula girls for a photo!
 

Once aboard, we met up later for dinner, followed by a dancing show. Much later the family gathered again and hired a private karaoke room (apparently quite common over there, especially for Flo's family who LOVE their karaoke, and can sing very well)
 
At some points I felt REALLY uncomfortable because I can't sing in tune at all and they were wanting me to sing. I literally stiffened at the thought. They did get me to sing a bit of 'Dancing Queen' in the end, under duress.
I sadly realised I have become unable to relax and laugh at myself, and I felt sad about that.
 
But then they brought out a birthday cake from nowhere, that Florence had arranged her sister to bring with.
It was a huge surprise as I hadn't been expecting anything at all.

 


My brother and I.
 

 
Group photo.
 
Later Flo and I went to watch an 'adult' dancing show, and, bizarrely, that was how I saw my birthday in this year!
 
Flo and I didn't gamble at all. I wasn't fussed, and we kept ourselves busy listening to some singers and having some milo to drink.
The cruise organisers had noted my date of birth from my passport, so I had a surprise birthday cake from them as well.
 
 
The next morning we headed back into KK......some really beautiful views.
 
 
Mount Kinabalu.
 
 
 
 
This made me smile when I saw it.....traditional housing on the waters edge.....can you imagine living there?!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment