Saturday, 5 November 2011

Week 53 - October

Linda-Maree's choice this week....and what a beautiful picture!

I just LOVE Jacaranda trees!

Clarie's picture next....a fitting tribute to Halloween.


I just couldn't decide what to take a picture of this week...I think I was trying to be too 'meaningful'.
My chosen picture held no meaning at all....good old mother nature helping out when in trouble!


In my more 'creative' thought processes, I took pictures of various items......

My ironing basket....piled up high!



This is a picture of my desk. Trev said he didn't 'get' what I was trying to say with this picture. For me, it is showing two of my favourite scarves (I never wear scarves, but I do love draping them), with the rest of my desk in the background. The photo on the top is the last family photo of our family - I think Christmas 1990. I think I was trying to symbolise my emerging 'self'.

I keep getting lost in all my thoughts...eventually leaving me to think that this whole 'journey' thing is a wate of time, because I am still 'me' at the end of the day, so what am I actually trying to achieve? And I don't have time to keep wondering off in my mind...there are important things happening, decisions need to be made, and I need to be focussed, and I'm not....and it's bothering me right now.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mariette - I love the picture of your desk - I "get" it...So far as your emergent you goes...the journey you are on, is certainly not a waste of time...I think at the end, you will still be you (that never changes), but you will understand yourselve better and have a greater inner peace....I don't know if this is a helpful analagy...but think about if you were adopted, instead of having alcholic parents...It would help you "find" yourselve to find/find out about your "real" parents...Your journey is no different, althouh you knew your real parents, you need to understand them to understand yourself...Keep on with the journey....It will be worth it...Lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending lots of hugs and lots of love.

    xx

    ReplyDelete