Tuesday, 8 November 2011

Remembering Wayne

Today would have been my brother-in-law Wayne's 38th birthday.


Wayne was taken from us 12 years ago. Literally went out one night, and never came home again. We eventually identified his body at Germiston morgue after almost a week of looking for him. And how he actually died still remains a mystery.....his bike left running at the top of an embankment, his body at the bottom.

The strange thing was he had arrived home after night-shift on the Saturday morning, and mentioned a really close encounter he had had on his motorbike that morning, and that he couldn't believe he managed to escape. That night he went out, and that was that.

I can't help but feel I had a chance to say goodbye to him, but never stopped to appreciate it at the time. I remember in the weeks leading up to that muttering to myself about making coffee for him when he came in of a morning - how stupid it all seems now....I would LOVE to be able to make him coffee now!

I love you Spenc, and I wish I'd had more time with you.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a sad thing to lose somebody. It makes me realise that we have to live each day without regrets...and it makes me realise that I must chill about my feelings of our kids still not moved out. I love them to bits and I must enjoy their time with us.

    ReplyDelete