It was Claire's choice this week.
The thing that I struggled the most with, Claire managed to do effortlessly.......to make a desk look interesting and pretty. Well done, Claire.
Linda-Maree up next, who's desk, I think, summarises just how busy she's been at work recently.
I haven't quite finished sorting my desk at home, and rather took a picture of my favourite photo album which, although it's still empty, has pride of place on my desk at home.
I can't even remember where I bought the album now, and I am yet to find pictures to suit the album...hence why it's still empty. Here's another picture of the same album.
When my brother sold my parents house, he literally got rid of everything, bar a few boxes of old photos. When he left South Africa, I had my father-in-law fetch them from him to keep safe for me until I could get them over here. With my mom becoming more and more frail I asked for them to be sent over this year so that I can start sorting through them all....my, what a job I have taken on!
Friday before last I received the last of the boxes, within which were some random family photos, and so I spent all of last Monday scanning the photos from one of the albums, so that I could give it to my mum that evening. I think there were close on 200 photos, so it took me ages! But within the album were some beautiful old photos of my brother and I, and I knew my mom would love to feel and touch them.
They reminded me of a time before hormones and the horrible teenage years, when we were inseparable, and it was good to feel that love again.
My desk at home houses photos above all else....photos in albums of Trevor and I, and Maxine....small decorative boxes with loose photos that are still to be put in albums......and now it also holds some very old photos and albums from my family. This is a picture of my mom, on her wedding day.
I love my parents wedding album......it's so pretty in the most old-fashioned sense of the word!
What touched me greatly last night when I was visiting my mom was that she was telling me how she could have a drink at night with the other ladies, but she didn't because she was afraid she would get a taste for it again. I felt so immensely proud of my mom for still fighting her demons after all these years.
And, lastly, I couldn't resist taking a picture of yet another scarf, draped on the edge of my desk. I love the colours and daintiness of the thread.
That's it from me....will do a longer post later today on my week last week.....







No comments:
Post a Comment