Firstly, my apologies to my TUM partners for making you read through TONS of posts this year!
Considering what a busy year it was, I've had an incredible journey.....
I can honestly say I am not the same person I was at the start of this year.
It's been a really busy year; it's been a really hard year;
but here I am at the end of it, and I feel liberated.
I did find Acceptance this year - of myself and of my past.
It came, not from books and other people's writing (although I imagine it must have helped),
but from my own journey scanning photographs and slides....years worth of history I didn't know had been captured on camera. It gave me a new appreciation of my parents, and of my own history.
My word for 2013 is Health.
Physical and mental.
I want to lose the extra pounds I've been talking about losing for the last few years.
And I want to find a healthier balance between work and home, others and myself.
You do not have to apologize, it has truly been a joy to be on this journey with you this year. I check in constantly to see what has been posted and I wish you a truly wonderful 2013, here's to health and balance (raised glass)! Chink*
ReplyDeleteI'm so proud of you for going through the journey of finding acceptance ... its a hard one for many people but so liberating.
ReplyDeleteI like your word for 2013 and I'll be cheerleading from down here ... I too am on a weightloss journey and so far have lost 3 pounds (1.3-ish kgs). Slow and steady - two days ago I did a little work out ... of my goodness, I'm still feeling it. But I have to do this for me.
Hope you were spoilt rotten for Christmas ... huggz
It is such wonderful news that you found acceptance...because then you are well on your way to healing.
ReplyDeleteWishing you and your lovely family a joyous New Year.
xx