And here we are, at the end of 2012.......was a very busy year, a very quick year, and a difficult year.
December has been just as busy, but I have also achieved a lot in the last few weeks, and I feel really good.....kind of....I'll get to that in a minute.
I met with a good friend this month....we haven't seen each other in 10 years.....and we didn't stop talking for 3 hours (and I felt like I could have talked for hours more).....I love friendships like that! Really restored my mojo to remember I have good friends like that. I may not have quantity, but I do have quality friends.
Today was my mom's 80th birthday. Wow, I can't believe we've come this far together. I planned to just spend the afternoon with her, just being there so she could talk to me about whatever she wanted.....that's after I had to remind her last night it was her birthday today.....it's hard sometimes, when she's confused like that.
I was caught off guard as I arrived to find the doctor was there, about to see her. A suspected bladder infection (normal for my mom, who seems prone to them). What I didn't expect was for the GP to come and tell me afterwards that he would need to send off a sample later this week, and may need to talk to me depending on the results. I asked him to repeat himself because he lost me as he was talking.
And, as much as I try, I am worried. I'm not ready for her to 'not be okay'.....I can cope with her confusion and I can cope with seeing her crippled with pain from her arthritis.....but I'm just not ready for more than that. Not today.

Hi there,
ReplyDeletePraying for your mom and hoping its not too serious.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning.
~T.S. Eliot, "Little Gidding"
Wishing you joy, love, laughter and magical moments in 2013.
Thanks Wendy.
DeleteBest wishes to you and yours as well.
M
xxx
Hi Mariette
DeleteI will be praying for your mom and trusting that the Lord will hold her (and you) in the palm of His hand.
Wishing you and your family much joy and peace for 2013. Thank you for your friendship over the past few years.
xx
I don't think we are ever ready for our mom's not to be okay. Thinking of you.
ReplyDelete