Tuesday, 25 December 2012

A Keir Christmas Tradition

I don't quite know how this tradition started, and I've lost track of how many Christmases we have done this now, but every year, on Christmas Eve, Maxine has a phonecall from Jimmy the Elf.

And, somehow, we have been able to keep the magic alive for Maxine, and, aged 11, she still believes in Father Christmas (and his chief elf, Jimmy).

Her expressions and conversation with him is truly the most precious thing to be a part of, and I hope I can remember these memories for many years to come....


 Hey, Jimmy, great to hear from you again....


There are nine items on my list this year.


Yes, mum is taking loads of pictures!


This is one of the decorations I made at my new school.


And here is another.


And I made this golden ball....it has a picture of an elf on it!


(listening so intently)


Could I speak to Mr and Mrs Claus now, please?


Yes, I am loving my new school. My favourite subject is Maths.


Of course I've been a good girl!


Ooh....just one more thing before I go......


Yes, that is mum you can hear, still snapping away in the background!!!

I know we all think it as parents, but I really do think we have the most awesome precious child!

Merry Christmas one and all......








1 comment: