One of Maxine's teachers made a memory book for her, to remember her friends from her old school. The book was very unexpected, and contained pictures and comments from classmates and teachers alike. I've cut and pasted some of the comments that touched me the most (without photo's of the children, for obvious reasons).
I am so proud of our little girl, and I am so touched she has made such an impact on so many lives at her school. And I am proud of Trevor and I (and of his folks, as well) in providing her the safe and loving home environment that she could develop into such an awesome, confident, quirky character. I have such big tears of joy thinking back on the long and, at times, hard road we have travelled....the last 11 years have been such a journey for me, and I've had to appear so much stronger than I have felt on so many occasions. I feel so blessed that God thought me worthy to be the mother of this wonderful child.












The teacher that came up with this awesome idea should get a medal. What a wonderful keepsake for Maxine.
ReplyDeletexx
Beautiful - reminds me of the one I went and taught to Skyla's class when we left SA - my aim was for Skyla to have it but all the children made their own so everyone had the benefit of a selfish idea! Loved it - I agree with Lynette they should do it when the Kids leave! So special!
ReplyDelete