Monday, 6 August 2012

What a splendid birthday!

It was Maxine's 11th birthday on Sunday.....I just love how excited she gets every year!

For her birthday this year, Maxine had set her sights on a party at home, watching a movie with her friends.....don't know why, but that's what she wanted from the start.......
so we had a house full of 20 in the end! 

Trev and I thought we'd add some extra fun with Mad Science, as well, and I am so pleased we did, because it really made the day special for all the children.


They were shown loads of interesting reactions.




And they even got to make their own slime.


And candy floss!!!!


Maxine always gets so excited in the run up to her birthday, that 5am starts become the norm, and she is usually a bit pooped by the time the big day arrives.....


Yep, one tired little face there! But she soon perked up to blow out her candles.


The Mad Science show was followed by the children tucking into min hot dogs and pizzas, finishing off with a chocolate fountain with fruit and marshmallows..........
(I still don't know how 20 children managed to eat that much!!!)

After lunch, they settled down to watch the movie.......a great way to finish off the afternoon.
(Thank you, Trev for enouraging the flying popcorn!)


And, so, as another fun-filled and action-packed birthday faded, and the balloons began to drop, with a very happy little Maxine, I was again reminded of this beautiful 'little' girl of ours......


and how truly blessed we are.....



1 comment:

  1. Looks like a perfect birthday for Maxine....and a reminder to me to be thankful that my days of hosting kiddie parties are long gone.

    ReplyDelete