Monday, 27 August 2012

TUM - Sign

I struggled a bit with the theme this week...had loads of ideas, but was a bit lazy, if I'm honest. I wanted to go and take new pictures of the hay bales in the fields because I love seeing them this time of year...they are a sign to me of the summer season coming to and end...as do the berries that are starting on some of the trees and bushes....oh no, the end of summer....it's only just got warm!

First up, Claire, with a sign that I just love:


Yep....never ending housework...does my head in some days. I don't doing something, no matter how awful, knowing that it will be done at the end of it. Even ironing (not that I mind ironing, find the peace and quiet quite therapeutic)....at least you get to the bottom of the pile (eventually!), and you can pack your clothes in the cupboard, and that's the end of it for a while. With housework, by the time you've gone from upstairs to downstairs, upstairs is dusty again! Never mind the dog and her hair, and Maxine who loves un-making our bed and leaving the bed-clothes in a tangled bundle in the middle of the bed every single day.....

Next up, Pam, who has such a beautiful way with words...I can only urge you to go and read her post to explain her picture for the week.
 
 
Pam, Claire and I share some common life experiences, each having moved from South Africa. And I am sure Claire will have the same goosebumps I did when reading Pam's blog.

Trev and I have been here 12 years now, and it's been really hard at times, and I think I would think twice about doing it again......not saying I wouldn't, but I would be more appreciative of how hard it is going to be. The insecurity you feel, as well as the intense feeling of missing your friends, family, and all that is familiar that you miss.....add that to your first child (and that we had to accept and learn with her), redundancy, losing everything you had managed to build up to that point, and then starting all over again a few years later...wow, what a roller coaster we have been on. And there have been a good few times we sat down and tried to make sense of our lives and what we were trying to do.

We celebrated 21 years together this week....not with fancy gifts, just dinner and a movie....and I think that sums us up really.....it's not about fancy gifts, it's about being with each other.
And we still, on the 23rd of every month, wish each other 'happy happy' and try and do something small, whether it's a movie at home together, or dinner out together.

Lastly, was my sign, which was given to me as a birthday present, and is pretty true for me.


I don't recall NOT being a morning person when I was younger, but I definitely am one now......I NEED coffee in the morning, and I don't like to be rushed, and I don't like to talk a lot.....I like quietly easing myself into the day.....come to think of it, I like quietly easing myself out of the day, as well....having a little quiet time, and I dare say I have begun reading at bed time now (even though I only manage a few pages before my eyes get heavy!).

And so, off to bed I go, first waking up the gentle giant quietly snoring on the couch as he waits for me to finish typing my blog :-)             ....night night

No comments:

Post a Comment