Monday, 12 March 2012

Just a quickie

It worries me....the quick pace at which our lives move now....there is just never any time just to 'sit down' and take a moment......and it's not just me.....everyone is the same.....can't be healthy for us, you know?!

Anyway, the reason for my blog tonight is a funny tale....we had Parents Evening tonight.......which finished off with us being told about Maxine and an IT lesson, after which she couldn't find some of her papers, so the student teacher called everyone's attention and began asking if anyone had seen Maxine's...then paused for a brief moment as she was trying to think of the word 'papers'....at which moment apparently Maxine interjected 'V....gina' !!!!!

I COULD HAVE DIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do wish to point out that we just DON'T use words like that in our house, nor is Maxine at that level, so it came as quite a shock, I have to say! But the teacher was quite adamant, saying that 2 teachers had heard her say it.

Fast forward to bath time later this evening, and I gently broach the topic and ask Maxine what she knows about 'the word'.......she gave me the biggest 'what?!' expression, and then when I delved deeper and mentioned the IT lesson she started talking about the Olympics and was quite indignant and marched off to fetch me a piece of paper....with her Olympic DESIGN on it......and then explained very innocently about the colours and the order they had to be in etc., and that was the paper she couldn't find.

I'm yet to write my explanation in the home-school book!


Night night.....

2 comments:

  1. Shows you where the teachers mind was at! LOL! Not to worry, I am sure she will feel every bit as embarrassed as you did at first ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me smile, the inncense of children is so lost on adults, shame on the teacher for automatically assuming it badly! Just be grateful you don't have a child like my youngest who blurts things out at top volume at the most innapropriate time ... I think she gets that from her Aunty Pam :) LoL

    ReplyDelete