Saturday, 3 March 2012

Blog Your Heart - February

I knew February was going to be a hard month for me......it always is because it is our year end Audit and all the fun that comes with it and the weeks that follow.....but this year has been (and still is) the worst I have had in a very very long time. And without sounding too harsh, I am to blame because I didn't prepare well enough before-hand and the couple of areas I left have come back to haunt me.

So most of February has been working day and night after 9pm (once Maxine is in bed) until close on midnight.....and I am so tired mentally and physically.

And my house looks like a bomb-site and needs serious TLC and cleaning to restore it back to some sense of order and sanity.....one of the hamsters popped it's clogs last week, and his brother decided to start chomping on his body, which seriously freaked me out (have since found out this is 'normal' for Russians)...that was last Friday night.

Over and above that, the paperwork for Maxine's school mysteriously went missing.....why does something always go wrong and need 'sorting'.......anyway, now 'sorted'.

Something that couldn't be sorted was our decking....the partner of a work colleague is the manager of a local DIY-type place, so we ordered our wood through him.....only to realise week before last he had supplied 28mm thick, not the 32mm we'd ordered. Not that the guy we're paying to lay the decking noticed either........and the decking was all but done by the time Trevor noticed (because it seemed 'springy'). So it's not a matter of getting replacement wood as the labour cost double what the wood did....we couldn't afford to pay the labour and have it all relaid again. So very disappointing....something we were so proud of, and have spent so much money on, and we're going to have to redo it all again in a few years time...with the correct 32mm wood!

It does look pretty though!

Maxine has been really grumpy the last few weeks.....and not sleeping well with a cold......tonight finished with her slipping at the pool and splitting her head open......in a split second she went from mouthing off at me very loudly to wailing even more loudly. It was only when I got her up to the changing room that I noticed there was blood, but not much at all, so I decided to rather make a hasty retreat home than notify the gym, because that would have been worse for Maxine - having strangers fussing over her. Dad had her patched up in no time.

So the fact that my 'Blog my heart Blog has little 'deep' content is a true and fair reflection of where I'm at right now......too busy and too tired to even think!

Night night
xx

2 comments:

  1. I understand where you're at. I am also struggling to get my "end of year" done and there is so many reports to be done that I had to sit and make some bite sized targets for the next few days. I hope Maxine is over the shock of getting hurt at the gym.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She didn't even wake up with a headache on Saturday! Quite amazing...but has been much calmer since.
      Good luck with your year end.....the good thing is that it comes but once a year, so after the chaos there is some peace again for a few months!
      And thank you for your comment re. the photos.....really loving my camera and the whole process of capturing moments in time.

      Delete