I love the way the fish don't seem to mind them, and still swim in the shallows while they're there.
The word has spread within the local duck community that the humans at our house respond well to requests for bread, and they are not shy in quacking away to get our attention when they're hungry!
So graceful when landing in the pond, as well.
This is one of the regular couples, who spent most of last Saturday snoozing by the pond, being disturbed only by Jessi when she went outside. They soon settled again though.
Jess is now getting so used to the company she sometimes doesn't even bother disturbing them.
I feel quite honoured that these birds feel so comfortable in our garden that they keep coming back. This will be the third year now.
That's it from me, and our heart-warming duckies....




How awesome. I heard that ducks are good 'watch dogs' as well.
ReplyDelete