(We always celebrated it as the 8th.)
So, not in a sad way, he was in my thoughts a lot today, and I thought I would share some of my favourite pictures with you......
This is my dad at Lake Kariba, where he took my mom when he was courting her.
I love this next picture of my dad with my brother. He looks so proud and happy!
We were fortunate to have a large house, with a pool, and my dad had us swimming from a very early age.
My dad would swim every morning, even during Winter!
My dad LOVED his fishing....that was his main hobby.....we would go to the beach for two weeks every year, and my dad would fish day and night, getting up early every morning. I would sometimes go with him, to keep him company. And help him catch sea-lice that he would use as bait.
My dad would normally catch his daily quota of shad and karanteen every day.
(I can honestly say that karanteen fish are very tasty to eat, but, man, are they smelly to clean!)
And, last, but not least, a picture taken with my mom and gran (my mom's mom).
You may notice his right hand only had three fingers - he cut two fingers off shortly after my mom gave birth to me, which then had complications and he was left with a 'hook'. Never stopped him doing anything.....driving, fishing, writing (he was right handed), building, gardening, swimming! And I just noticed he was missing half a finger on his left hand...will have to ask my mom about that one!)
He really was one tough cookie!
That's it from me...time for bed....






No comments:
Post a Comment