Tuesday, 5 June 2012

Blog Your Heart - May (and a catch up)

Wow.....what happened to May? I'm honestly struggling to remember (and just had a look at my calendar in Outlook to give me some hints!)

May was the month of Purrloin the cat, who used up one of her nine lives in the first week we had her, but, I am happy to say, is going from strength to strength now. She was 650grams when I first took her in, 790grams when they released her, and 1.1kgs last Wednesday when I took her for her first vaccination. She is bringing so much joy to everyone in our home.....surprisingly Maxine has really taken to her, which is lovely to see, although I am having Maxine wake up very early in the mornings now, so that she can 'come and play with the cat!'
I am loving seeing how Jessi has bonded with Purrloin as well, and I feel good knowing she has company again.

May also saw Maxine have two visits to her new school - both of which went well, and I think she is looking forward to her new school. Although she is NOT looking forward to leaving her old friends, and has been a bit 'wobbly' because of it. Not tearful, just up and down and all over the place, irrationally so. I'm sure there will still be plenty more of those moments in the months to come.

I've been enjoying reading a book this month, The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown. Whilst a lot of the book didn't quite 'click', there was a lot that did, and it has made me view my own behaviour very differently. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed, if I'm honest, but in a good way.... if that makes sense. I think that's partly why I lost most of May.....I have been lost in deep thought for most of it!

I also had a really bad cold for more than two weeks, which really knocked me for six, and took a round of anti-biotics to clear in the end. I did feel that there was an underlying emotional cause for my illness, which links back to what I said in the last paragraph. As I am on this journey of mine, I am beginning to view many things in my life very differently, and it frightens me a little (a lot!). I don't know how to fix things I'm not happy with, and I've also realised I need to back off a little as it's too much all at once.....which is quite hard because I'm not the most patient person in the world (with myself, at least).

I couldn't visit my mom for two weeks while I was sick, which also made me appreciate that I need her as much as she needs me......sounds odd to say, but on the days when I don't really want to visit her (I sound like a right cow!), I make myself go anyway because I imagine if I was her, how would I feel if no one came to visit me. So I do always go and visit on a Sunday evening, regardless of how I feel. But I REALLY missed her in not being able to visit her (in case I passed my germs on to her). It's made me appreciate her and the time I have with her now, and I am truly grateful for that.

And May also saw me spend more quality time with Trev, which has been really good, and, I am grateful we still have the relationship we do after almost 21 years. There is SUCH comfort in being able to just 'be' with someone, talking, without having to do anything or go anywhere special.

We're at the tail-end of a four day weekend here in the UK, celebrating the Queen's Silver Jubilee. I can't say we did much celebrating, but we did succeed in making a decision, and ordering, Maxine's new bedroom furniture.........it made for a very long, painful decision-making process.......but we got there in the end. I am SO looking forward to it arriving in the coming weeks and finally finishing her room.

This was the one and only picture I managed to take on Friday, at Maxine's school's Jubilee party. (Note to self : keep spare battery for camera in handbag in the future!)


(Maxine is dead-centre, in the red shirt, at the base of the lady with the white trousers.)

I bought myself fresh flowers for my bathroom today......significant because I have been looking at the dead tulips in the vase for the better part of May, not feeling inclined to replace them, and a fair reflection of how I was feeling inside. But I'm over it now.....onwards and upwards.......and what a beautiful bunch of bright yellow flowers they are!

That's it from me for now.......take care....and thank you for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment