Thursday, 22 September 2011

Week 49 - Daily

Pam chose the theme this week. Great, I thought, this is a nice easy one........it turned out being a little harder than I first thought because I had to first decide what I wanted to say about 'daily', and therefore, what picture I took. More on that later....

First up, Pam. This is what she said when sending through her picture :  "We bake bread every day, thanks to our wonderful and much loved bread machine. Every morning we wake up to the smell of freshly baked bread and I have to say, it really is a good way to start your day with a comfort food that wraps its arms around you and says gently 'there there, it will be okay, I'm here and together we can do this'. For some people, its coffee, for me, it's this."

What a lovely picture.......and, yes, there is nothing that compares to a warm slice of bread with some butter melting into it!

Next up, Linda-Maree, whose picture is of one of four vending machines at work that she passes every morning on her way to her desk. I smiled at Linda's comment
"At some stage I made the terrible mistake of giving it my phone number, and now it calls me ALL THE TIME…."


I must admit I am pretty restrained when it comes to snacks in the UK, but when Trev's pops into the South African shop close to his work and brings home a stash of tempo's, nik naks and ghost pops, that's me done......I'll keep nibbling till they're finished!

My picture was taken in a park I walk past on my way from a car park into the bank in town. I was trying to find something that would incorporate the beautiful trees and their autumnal colours, and I was quite happy with the result.


I can't tell you how strange I felt sitting on a bench in the park, slightly embarrassed to be taking pictures of trees.
My 'daily' thought is that it's not always easy to slow down in the rush that is our daily life and appreciate the beauty that surrounds us (hence the empty bench).

I do love the changing seasons, especially autumn and spring. Here are a couple of additional pictures, taken this week.

It is just amazing that God made mother nature so beautiful, that the trees have their own set of changing colours, each leaf different to the next.....

And finally, back to the park:


I love my drive into work each day (and home again). It's a 10 minute drive along a country road and through a village, lined with trees and fields.
It lets me turn up the music, take a deep breath and clear my head. And remember how lucky I am.

Until next week......

Claire, I hope you're okay - even if you're not up for TUTing, feel free to talk anytime.....
Lynette, thank you for your words again, as comments, and within your blog.....



2 comments:

  1. Lovely post and pictures Mariette - Thanks for being such an inspiring TUT partner - Your photos are always lovely and your stories/thoughts are beautiful...Lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post Mariette...and beautiful picture. I must say I also sometimes feel embarrassed after happily snapping away at anything and everything and I wonder what people think. I love your "turning leaves" photos. Our God is so amazing that He made everything so beautiful just for us to look at and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete