Saturday, 17 September 2011

Week 48 - Berries

I chose the theme this week....mainly because, even though Trevor and I have been here 11 years now, this is the first year I have noticed how many berries are on the trees this time of year. Honestly, I've never noticed before!

I took my chosen picture weekend before last, while away with Trevor and Maxine. We were walking back to the caravan when I noticed a tree full of berries which, when I pointed them out to Maxine she said 'why don't you take a picture of them'. Here it is:

This is what the branch looked like from further away:
So pretty.

Linda-Maree made me smile with her 'berry' picture:

Next was Claire, who also captured some local berries:

And, lastly, Pam took a picture of their bird 'Blueberry', a cheeky chappy by the sounds of things (personally I think that Dudley the cat is eyeing out his preferred breakfast!):

Here are some other pictures of berries I took this week:


I quite liked this last one.....although passing motorists must have thought I was a complete nut snapping berries at the side of the road, ankle-deep in weeds!

The thing I love about taking photographs is that you appreciate so many things that normally go by unnoticed.


Until next week.....

1 comment:

  1. Such pretty pictures of berries. I have a whiteberry just like that one.

    ReplyDelete