Thursday, 2 September 2010

Week 3 - Flowers

I chose this week's theme - flowers - simply because I love them!

Linda took a picture of a Clivia - a flower indigenous to South Africa. I'm dreadful with knowing the names of plants and flowers, so I enjoyed learning something new. I think they look beautiful!


Here is my choice for the week:
I've always had a soft spot for carnations - I think because Trevor used to buy them for when we first met!
I had loads of fun snapping away this morning.......

In contrast, I keep a red rose in my office at work - a reminder of my dad (who passed away 10 years ago), as well as a good friend and colleague who sadly suddenly passed away last year.
I say, in contrast, because the roses aren't real! Very few people notice they're fake, which is great because I've killed off two rose plants now, and couldn't face killing a third!

I'd also taken a picture a couple of weeks ago, of a water lilly in our fish pond in the garden - not the best picture, but a really beautiful flower.


That's it for now....great choice for next week, Linda! Looking forward to it.

1 comment:

  1. Great choice and well done to both of you. Our theme for this week was spring and I also took a photo of my flowering Clivias.

    ReplyDelete