Thursday, 26 August 2010

Week 2 - Birds

I was thrilled with this week's theme, and I had loads of ideas of what I wanted to do.....needless to say, none of my 'planned moments' happened, and it left me thinking about how much time I spend thinking about and waiting for 'my' plans to happen - in life generally - instead of just appreciating that which I have and 'going with the flow'.

Linda's picture this week was of a gate with birds on:

Great as, so often, we perhaps miss the details of things around us.

My picture:

My picture contains a brightly coloured Penguin ornament (honestly!) that my daughet and I created at her School Summer Fair this year. The second item is my 'dream catcher', which I just think is beautiful and I love what it represents.

I had a couple of other pictures I had previously taken of birds, which I also like:

This was taken a few days after we moved into our new house.....some wild ducks flew in for an inspection of our fish pond.

This is Maxine as a 'black bird with an orange beak' - she was very specific about how she wanted her face painted on the day. I love it because it reminds me just how independant and brave she is.

Thanks for a lovely, albeit challenging, theme this week, Linda. I really loved it!

As John Lennon once sang.......'Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans'.

2 comments:

  1. Great challenge and great improvisations on the theme. I love, love the photo of your Maxine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Done Partner - Lovely stories behind all the photos...I also love the photo of Maxine...

    ReplyDelete