Tuesday, 3 July 2012

Blog your Heart - June

I'm having a really strange year this year. I think partly it's because I am seeing things very differently this year, and I'm finding it increasingly frustrating because I am not in control, and I cannot fix them. Well, I could....I'm just not prepared to inflict that much upheaval to all who surround me.

So, 'Angry' would best describe me for June......I had a very frustrating experience with Maxine's bedroom, with 'ready-assembled' furniture arriving in boxes, which needed unpacking and light assembly. I've had the continuing lack of acknowledgement for cooking supper every night, which is REALLY upsetting some nights (when I am tired and doing it, not because I want to, but because I have to). And then I had my boss go off sick unexpectedly, and I suddenly realised that I could be the only director left for this company (three directors, of which one is already part-timing fighting his battle against stomach cancer)......and it was the week of our TUV audit, during which I had to represent 'management'.......I was suddenly way out of my comfort zone. But I kept my cool and we got through it just fine, and boss is back at work this week, so my world is calming down a little again.

The other 'angry' bit came in with trying to resolve a tv problem we've had for a while, which came to a head after the technician cam last Thursday, replaced the wrong box, and then we had no tv's working. I kid you not when I say I strained a muscle in my neck I got so angry last Thursday evening.........not very good, all round, and I am having the after-effects still this week with vicious headaches.

But at the end of last week, we received the most unexpected surprise in the post, being notified about a poem Maxine had written in school, which has been chosen to be published in a book of riddles being published later this year...we didn't even know about the poem, never mind entering a competition....and the poem is so quirky and 'Maxine', about Captain Hook the scaredy cat.

So, here is our little girl's bedroom...still needing it's personal touches...but that will come with time.




I had a lovely weekend away with Trev and Maxine, which was fab.
(Photopost to follow)

No comments:

Post a Comment