Sunday, 5 February 2012

And then a Strange Thing Happened

I had a really strange thing happen to me when I visited my mom tonight......I wonder what you'll make of it....

My mom is becoming more and more confused as the years are rolling on, and she often shares stories / memories / dreams with me when I visit. Tonight she quite insistently asked me if I'd cancelled going to a party last Saturday. I said 'no', quite bemused as I NEVER go to parties.

She went on to tell me that my dad had been really annoyed with me for not going to this party, as I was meant to have attended, and that it was something to do with the church and a party for another girl. I hadn't attended because I didn't understand enough about the new religion, and on that basis hadn't gone. (There were other bits as well involving Trevor as my boyfriend). Anyway, cut a long story short, as she narrated about being woken by the carers, and telling them my dad had sorted things out with me and that she was now at peace again.

I found the conversation most bizarre, but while she was telling me, I was thinking about my recent thoughts about my dad and their partying, and about him being annoyed with me and not coming to visit me. But, more recently, I have been feeling more at peace with it all, more accepting of my parents and their values, and really believing how much my dad did love me. And I have been thinking how unfair it is on him that I haven't let him go, but not knowing how.

And a part of me feels like the dream tonight was a message for me.... I know it sounds strange, but I honestly feel very touched by my mom's words.

No comments:

Post a Comment