Here is Claire's picture....another masterpiece...well done, Claire!
I knew exactly what I wanted to snap when Linda suggested 'Words'.
My gran (mom's mom) was an ace at knitting and crocheting. This is one of two masterpieces she created (the other being a crocheted picture of The Last Supper):
This is a picture of the whole prayer.
Just look at the intricate detail.
I loved it when my gran came to South Africa to visit us. (To explain, she was the only living grandparent we had, and we adored her.) It was only once every few years, so it was a huge treat having her. I used to write to her inbetween, and still have some of her letters, which I brought with when we moved here.
She would send me postcards from all the wonderful places (in Europe) she went on holiday to with her friends (after my grandad had died). I was so impressed by how brave she was, and how busy she kept herself. Such a strong-willed lady.
I was so excited once to send her birthday card to her that I convinced myself it was 17th November, not 17th December. I was mortified when she wrote to me, thanking me for the card, but gently pointing out the error of my ways.
So this week's TUT is dedicated to my gran.......this picture (of my mom and gran) was taken during her last visit.
I have ordered a calendar for my mom for her birthday this year (31st December). It is full of the photos I've scanned, each month to be a reminder of wonderful times, and I can't wait to give it to her. I don't think I have ever felt more proud of a gift!
That's it from me......
thanks for visiting....
and I hope you all find a little 'me' time in the weeks running up to Christmas.
xxx





No comments:
Post a Comment