Thursday, 7 April 2011

Week 27 - Colours / Colourful

Hey....we're back! Hubby and I had a crazy last-minute break, which was wonderful - did me a world of good and has recharged the batteries nicely!

Linda-Maree's choice of theme this week - and really enjoyable. First, Linda's picture, of a picture her daughter Kayla-Fern had drawn for her about a year ago. I love it for the picture it is, as well as what it represents to Linda.

My picture this week was taken back in February in Stratford-Upon-Avon, in the Butterfly Farm.
(I can't tell you how slow I am at taking pictures, never mind of moving creatures! It's a miracle I got anything decent!!!)

I found loads of recent pictures that I liked for their colours....

Birthday flowers. The amazing story following on from these flowers is that I couldn't bear to leave them in Australia, so I hid two in my suitcase....amazingly one not only survived the 23 hour flight, but recovered and has lasted since last Wednesday, only just wilting now!

Penguins are one of my favourite birds - they are just so majestic and cheeky at the same time. This one was taken at the Melbourne Aquarium.

One of the buildings in Melbourne.

A beautiful frog, again at Melbourne Aquarium (mental note to self : must start writing down the proper names of animals being snapped!)

I was going to use this as my chosen picture because the contrast between the grey leaves of the eucalyptus tree compared to the beautifully coloured bird was quite unexpected. The picture was taken early in the morning, while Trev and I were walking around the perimeter of the Albert Park circuit in Melbourne.

Maxine loves collecting autumnal leaves....these were some she picked up one afternoon last year.

And, to finish with, back to Spring-watch......this picture was taken in our garden last week.

I really love this time of year, it is just breath-taking!





1 comment:

  1. Hi Mariette...Lovely post this week - Just to add to that note about making a note of the correct name of the animals you snap - the colourful bird is an aptly named Rainbow lorikeet - They and their larger cousins (lories) are nectar eating birds and they can make good pets who talk amazingly well....Lots of love

    ReplyDelete