I am having such an emotional and physically tiring time at the moment....but today is a HIGH...
Maxine starts secondary school tomorrow, and last week was her orientation week, which went very well and she thoroughly enjoyed her time. I felt 'connected' to the other moms in a way I have never felt before.....and it felt really good.
But I soon realised the drive to and from the school is an absolute nightmare and it would never be possible to take her there myself....I just could not fit it in with my job (an hour-long round trip twice daily). So I got hold of the transport co-ordinator and had a lovely chat with her about the possibility of Maxine being fetched from home by bus, and dropped off again after school....no problem, two possible routes, just send in the form and she would phone to confirm.
I called her yesterday afternoon....after hearing nothing....only to be told that not only was there no place for Maxine on any of the buses, but that there were two other children on the waiting list above Maxine.....
I was just gob-smacked, and I felt physically ill because I had no other options......
So, this morning I fired off an e-mail to my boss to explain the situation, and was sitting here in quite a dejected state thinking about how difficult the next few weeks (and possibly months) would be when my mobile phone rang......they managed to find a place for Maxine on a bus, starting tomorrow.......would a 7.45 pick up be okay?!!!
Such a weight has been lifted off my shoulders....I honestly cannot express it in words!
No comments:
Post a Comment