I can't wait to share some of these memories with my mom...I wonder if she even remembers the slides existed?!!
I'm still scanning photos, as and when I get the chance, and am still amazed by how old some of these treasures are. Here is one of my mum aged 8 months...she turns 80 end of this year!
I recently found the addresses of one of my mum's cousins, and another of an old friend of hers (who played the accordion and yodelled) from her dancing days. I wrote to them both, giving them an update on my mum, and saying that I'm sure mum would love to hear from them if they had the chance to write. They both wrote, not just to my mum, but also to me......I was so chuffed, as were they.
It was my brother's birthday this month, and I sent him birthday wishes, but have not heard from him again.....it's been weeks. I guess that is just how it is going to be....I can't do anymore.....but I do wish I could stop worrying about him, because I'm not convinced he is 'okay', and I wish I could help him.
It's funny how time stands still when you think about people. This is still how I think of my family...the last group photo taken of us. I think it's Christmas 1990.
I went to a wedding last Friday, and bumped into some acquaintances I hadn't seen for about 10 years - they looked the same to me, and I looked the same to them.......but you couldn't escape the fact that the children I had last seen as babies and young children were now teenagers.......and that I am now 39, and my daughter is now 11.......at this age my mum was just starting to have children....
what different lives we had had!
I still need to do another house update post....so much happening in the garden. Trevor finished building the bridge for the pond on Sunday....still so much to do though, and the weather is now decidedly autumnal....brrrrr!


I love old family photographs..the memories they bring back are more good than bad.
ReplyDelete