Better late than never.......
This month has flown by....it's been hard, but it's also been good. It began with Maxine's birthday, and I am always so warmed by her joy and enthusiasm, and it's always worth making it the special day it is and spending more money than we have on her...not on the gifts, but on the occasion itself.
(Incidentally, we also have Myrrill and Bolts' birthdays in August, and they also get cake and cards. Stuffed animals or not, Maxine remembers the birthdays she's assigned them, and even I've made a note of them....could only happen in our crazy house!)
I love that...I love the craziness that Maxine brings to our lives....she completes me....
Don't get me wrong, there are days I stay out of her way being she is in such a crabby mood I just can't cope with her, but those are the exceptions...and she is going through a major transition at the moment.....I think I might also be a bit cranky if I had to adjust to all that she is.
I think I have come to accept where I have come from, and appreciate that it is my choice how to live my life now....... I have a much stronger appreciation of who I am, and why I react in certain ways.....and I have a new-found appreciation of what I have achieved in my life thus-far....and I'm feeling pretty good right now.....very tired physically, but oh-so strong inside.
I was trying to explain this feeling to Trev the other night....it's an intense inner strength than I haven't felt for a long time....a force within me.......I can't explain it in any other words, but I'm feeling it again, and it feels good.
No comments:
Post a Comment