I'm feeling really odd today....my 'baby' began secondary school. I still think of Maxine as she is in this picture, the tiny dot that she was at the start of primary school.
Until now, I have always helped Maxine to get dressed in the mornings (mainly because she takes so long herself), and I didn't really think she would listen to my request last night to 'get dressed in your school clothes before you come downstairs in the morning'....but she did, and she even made her bed without being asked.....WOW!
Our little girl is growing up, and I know now the difficult decision we had to make last year to move her into secondary school was the right one - she is more than ready.
She was waiting for the bus this morning, wanting to sit outside, and even took out one of her reading books to page through (for all of 1 minute!)
And then the bus finally arrived......and off she ran.....no goodbyes, no looking back....just fearlessly running full steam ahead......and I wouldn't have expected it any other way!
This was the goodbye we got.......
A tongue being pulled at us!


Getting ready to fly...your little chick;-)
ReplyDelete