Wednesday, 25 April 2012

Weekly update - A weekend away

As I mentioned last week, I was in Germany for work from last Monday afternoon. Trev and Maxine joined me on the Wednesday evening, and the three of us then spent the weekend in Holland and Germany, doing plenty of exploring and just experiencing the different cultures.

We did a fair bit of driving....Maxine got bored in the back and swapped places with me!


The nice thing about both Germany and Holland is the similarity in language to Afrikaans, so you can almost make your way around without getting too confused, although every now and then we were surprised when the food we'd ordered landed up being something completely unexpected! All good fun.

We stumbled across the Gemeente Museum of Holland on the Saturday, an old castle.....although not quite the same as the grand English castles....still pretty in it's own right.



We did a lot of ambling through town centres and the various shops.
Maxine was THRILLED to find a lunchbox and juice bottle set of one of her favourite TV shows
(I had previously tried to find without success in the UK).


We also found a pair of wooden clogs, which Maxine was convinced would look awesome on Myrrill....
we killed ourselves laughing!



And, finally, a trip to Holland wouldn't be complete without a picture of a tulip.



Have a lovely week....we should be TUMing again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely break my friend - I am glad...Maxine was 100% right, the clogs look cute on Myrrill...Lots of love

    ReplyDelete