Equally, I love 'catching up' over a weekend and reading my other friends blogs....but most often feel embarrassed because I rushed mine so much and didn't pay their photos the commentary they deserved. Nor remember half of what I wanted to say...for instance, curiously, Maxine really struggles to ride a bike, and still uses training wheels...don't know why, seems to be a trait shared with other Floating Harbour children.
I loved our photos this week, and I loved both your blogs Linda-Maree and Claire.....Pam, your weeks sound mighty crazy right now, so thank you for finding the time to keep up with the pics.
Claire, your words are so true...about the bland colours and the bland food, and about the beautiful greenery we have here in the UK. It is a beautiful country here. As is South Africa, but for very different reasons.
Thank you for your kind words...I'm not sure I see things differently, mostly I don't see things at all...genuinely, I never notice anything. My girls at the office once had my car valeted for me as a surprise thank you for letting them go on a day out to some car thing (that I didn't want to go to!). As I was almost halfway home, Nicki asked me, 'do you notice anything different?'.....then the penny dropped...I was SO embarrassed!
So, it's quite ironic that I enjoy taking photos of the small stuff!!!!
Last weekend, Trev had RC (radio control) racing down south, so I planned for Maxine and I to go with as it was reasonably close to Legoland, which Maxine LOVES. We aren't having any big holidays this year, so we've tried to break things up with these short weekend trips to different places. I've really enjoyed it as we have been to places I hadn't yet been to before, and realised what a beautiful country this is.
The previous week we took Maxine to a local amusement park, which had some of those floatable balls on water (I'm showing my age now, because I can't remember the name for the life of me!). Anyway, Maxine had her first try in them.
She is such a speed freak and LOVES going on the fastest rides we'll let her. I loved this next photo, such a sweet expression on her face.
This is Maxine last weekend, at Legoland.
Maxine's eyes are very sensitive to bright light, so she often does 'the binoculars' when it's bright, to help her see (yes, she has had many pairs of sunglasses, but has lost most of them, and I can never find any as I'm rushing out the door).
We were there all day, from 9.30 until 6.15pm, with only one short break for lunch to warm up (after the swimming!)
It is this green because it rains so much!!!! And for most of our weekends away, it's been pretty soggy and horrid, weather-wise!
We're away again this weekend......taking the in-laws to a safari park, out for dinner tonight, sleep over in a hotel, and then home tomorrow. So, here I am, relaxing on the bed, whilst Trev has 40 winks, and Maxine is now styling her hair in the bathroom (which means she is making an awful mess with water as she tries to flatten her straight hair!). I just love how 'aware' she's becoming of her looks, spending more and more time grooming herself...it's so cute!
The safari was an expensive washout this morning....more rain!!!.....but nice nonetheless.
That's it from me.......'see' you again on Thursday.
No comments:
Post a Comment