Wednesday, 20 July 2011

Week 40 - Toys

This week is the first week of TUTT...Team Up Thursdays Trio......with Pam joining Linda-Maree and I in our weekly snapping quests. Welcome, Pam......it's really lovely to have you here (and thank you for your kind words).

I chose the theme this week...primarily because we were going away last weekend for Trev's radio control racing, and I thought I could take some snaps.......BUT it pee'd down with rain most of the weekend....not a light gentle drizzle...no.....the kind of rain you REALLY don't want to be outdoors in (nor taking pictures!)

We left bright and early on Saturday....I dropped Trev off at the race track, and then us girls (Maxine and I) headed off to keep ourselves busy....doing washing!!!! Our washing machine had packed up last week and the engineer was only due on Monday, and I just couldn't face the prospect of arriving home on Sunday night and having to deal with it .....so I took the problem with me, and promptly found a laundry mat and got myself sorted. After that I could relax. Did make me smile though....I think I am the only fool who would drive half way across the country (literally) and do washing whilst on a weekend away!!!

Equally, the looks I got as I carried my washing basket full of wet washing into, and later out of, the hotel was just priceless.....especially when I had Maxine and her favourite duvet and pillow (and Myrrill) in tow!

The rest of our weekend was spent driving around exploring some of Yorkshire, as well as attending the Redbull Flugtag in Leeds on the Sunday. The experience wasn't quite as much fun as I'd hoped when the heaven's opened and not even my waterproof jacket could keep me dry.....we were soaked from head to toe!

Anyway....back to TUTT...sorry! It truly has been 'one of those days' today!

Firstly, Pam's picture.......believably, I couldn't see 'toys' the first few glances at the photo...then the penny dropped (I did say it was one of those days!)
(I still can't believe I didn't see it!!!) Lovely picture, Pam, very creative.

Next Up, Linda-Maree, taken of Kayla-Fern's Google, who will soon be one.
It's a beautiful picture, Linda...and, no, I can't believe both our girls are turning 10 in August.

Lastly, my picture is of Myrrill, who goes EVERYWHERE with us, and to whom Maxine often refers as 'my little sister' ....I cannot tell you how many times I've had to clarify that Maxine does not really have a sister!
I chose this picture because it summed up our weekend.....Myrrill in the front, with Trev's cars in the background.
One of Maxine's friends gave Myrrill to her a short while back - it was originally hers, but she knew how much Maxine loved Pokemon, and passed it on to her. Maxine and Myrrill have been inseparable ever since!
It reminds me, on the days where my faith in humanity is a bit shaky, that there is still genuine kindness out there.

This is another one of Maxine and her sister.

Maxine has never been one for soft toys, so I don't have any recent ones. But this is one of my favourite old ones.
How cute?!!!!

Anyway...tomorrow is Trev's birthday, so I don't want to be blogging when I've taken the day off to be with him on his day.........

Update on Maxine and schools ~ Trev and I went to view a probable special school on Monday. Whilst we couldn't find fault with the school, I think the two of us still have questions regarding the suitability for Maxine. School's close on Friday for the long summer holiday, so nothing will happen until September now. The new school year will bring answers to many questions.....although, equally, I'm not sure I really want to read a report quantifying Maxine's differences.

Thank you for your words and your support. I really appreciate it.

Hubby's asleep on the couch now, whilst keeping me company as I blog....me thinks I should head for bed!

1 comment:

  1. I love to see all the "toy" photos...well done on the challenge....adorable soft toys! I would never take my laundry with me when I go away...that is too funny.

    ReplyDelete