Lind-Maree's picture first, of her daughter Kayla-Fern. I like the picture, it shows character, and you can see they had fun taking pictures this week.
I wasn't in much of a 'people' mode this week, and didn't feel like asking anyone if I could take pictures of their hair, so I landed up taking pictures of my own.
This morning I've taken a little time going through some old photos of myself, and the curls have always been there......
And an earlier one.....
The week has been pretty tough in that I have been asked twice (by two different professionals) if my husband and I have given any thought about secondary schools for our daughter Maxine. What made it especially hard for me is that the sentiment seems to be that Maxine might be better off in a special school, as opposed to a mainstream school, because of her learning difficulties.
Until now, Trevor and I have always maintained that we wanted to keep Maxine within a mainstream environment (with support), both hoping the gap between her and her peers would close, because she is such a clever little girl.
But it hasn't...it's gotten wider over the years. So we are having to re-think everything now.
I carry so much guilt about Maxine......I think because she loooks so much like me, so I have always felt it was me and my genes that caused hers to have a 'blip'. In looking at pictures, here is one of her....you can see the resemblance to me above.
And having to make a decision about special or normal school is hard for me because she is just 'Maxine' to me...perfect just as she is.
The other thing about 'hair' is that I have a lot of it (so does Maxine...sorry girl!). I am VERY grateful though, that it is fair, so you don't notice quite how hairy my arms / face is until the sun catches them at a funny angle. My eyebrows and lashes have always been blonde.....without mascara, it looks like I don't have any eyelashes at all.
(Getting back to the love-hate relationship with my hair, I remember trimming my eyelashes in primary school because I thought they were too long.....how daft can one be?!!!!)
And, like the wash-and-dry approach I have to hair, equally I can't be bothered with much make-up....mascara and eye-liner is 'it' on a normal day (not even lipstick).
But I have come to like my eyes, and 3 years ago I decided that I was going to start having my lashes and brows tinted and shaped regularly.....and I have stuck to it, and intend to continue doing so.
My final picture is of Maxine and I, taken last year September.
Until next week.........thanks for visiting.
I also have curly hair and it does not matter how much time I spend getting it straight...by the end of the day they all go into their own direction. I will be thinking about you and praying for you for wisdom in the decisions you have to make about your daughter.
ReplyDelete