Linda's picture first, of a Suduko puzzle. Linda-Maree said she is a sucker for Suduko, even though numbers weren't her strong point at school.
My chosen picture for this week is of my trusty calculator at work....which I simply could not function without......
I realised this week how much of our lives revolves around 'numbers'....they are simply everywhere....
My scale.......which I have avoided the last few months because I haven't been as careful with my food as I should be, and my tighter-than-normal trousers are already hinting at the answer I'll receive. Equally, I spend ages doing the weekly shopping, analysing the fat and calorie content of the products I am buying, in order to make the 'healthier' choice........again, the tighter clothes are telling me I haven't succeeded!
My phone, which displays the time, as well as the weather (a feature I quite like as I don't normally watch the weather report on TV).
This weekend was our annual Family Fun Day for work. It was a lovely afternoon (as it usually is), but the NUMBERS were down this year....not sure why.
And, finally, numbers also depict dates...this year will be Maxine's 10th birthday, and Trevor's 40th birthday. Where has the time gone?
It's funny, Maxine cut her knee open on Tuesday evening, and the first number I called was Trevor, because I trusted he would know if a trip to the hospital would be called for, and I appreciated how much I wanted him to be with me at that point of mini-crisis.
We did need a trip to the hospital, and Maxine is all patched up and healing now.....such a brave little tiger!
Lynette, thank you for your kind words last week.
Pam, I would be sad to not read your blog anymore.
Linda-Maree.....I hope you have a super birthday....I promise I will decide on a new topic by tomorrow morning! And I loved reading your post today....
Until next week......
Thanks Mariette - I did have a lovely birthday...I enjoyed your post today - and I am quite pleased to see that you also found a number (sorry) of items that depicted numbers...Lots of love
ReplyDeleteI love how resourceful you get with your choice of themes...and yes...we can't live without numbers. Thank you for a peek into your life.
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely weekend.