I don't think there could be anyone out there who wouldn't smile looking at the picture.....you'll have to go to Linda-Maree's blog to see the rest of 'him' / 'it'.
What I wanted to capture through YELLOW was the rapeseed plant, because it is simply breathtaking this time of year (well, early May really, not early June). Breathtaking because the fields are such a beautiful bright yellow, and breathtaking for some because they are quite nasty plants in terms of allergy sufferers this time of year.
The time I love to look at them the most is when the clouds are looking a bit angry, and yet the sun is still around to pick up the yellow. I didn't quite have perfect conditions last Saturday (and I did struggle to find any remaining fields), but in just one picture the flash went off and highlighted the flower...hence my picture.
This is what the rest of the field looked like.....earlier in May, the yellow is much more pronounced and bright.
I never knew about rapeseed until I came to England and saw the fields. Rapeseed is used to make vegetable oil, which is meant to be one of the healthier oils. I don't know if it's exactly the same, or a family member of the American canola plant (and oil).
As the flowers ripen and begin to die off, the smell is quite strong.......not very good for hayfever sufferers!
The green bits at the front bottom, and sticking up at the top are the seeds, from which the oil is made.
Well that's it from me for this week......from a warm and sunny England.




Yellow always make me feel happy it is so sunny and bright.
ReplyDeleteLovely post Mariette and the photo of the whole field is really pretty - I have done my post now, so you can go check the "big picture"...Lots of love
ReplyDelete