As mentioned in today's earlier post, we popped across to France last weekend to watch the 24 hour Le Mans race, after inviting Trev's father from South Africa. Trevor and I had last been 10 years ago, whilst I was 7 months pregnant with Maxine, so it was quite special for the three of us to be going again.
Needless to say, Maxine was far more excited by the idea of the fun fair and rides than the cars themselves (who can blame her?!). This is her on the ferris wheel.
Grandad decided he was afraid of heights and wouldn't come with....so we got him back and gave him the honour of the dodgems ride. Trev and I were killing ourselves laughing! As were Maxine and grandad.
Saturday was a very long day for us all, so Maxine and I stayed in Vendome on the Sunday, while the boys went back to the track. Maxine wanted me to take 'water pictures' for her school project (but has since decided to paint her own picture!). I was well chuffed with how some of the pictures came out.....
It's been a very long time since I have been able to just do nothing but walk and admire everything around me. Sunday's walk around Vendome with Maxine was just wonderful.
I look forward to going back to France again....perhaps it's my French Huguenot roots!
Maxine may almost be 10, but I have not yet grown tired of watching her peaceful face when she sleeps.
That's it from me.......until next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment