Thursday, 3 March 2011

Week 24 - New

Aah, Spring has sprung.......it's a new month, new season, new plants and flowers.....same old cold wet weather, but, hey....at least it's starting to get more colourful!

I chose the theme this week, with 'Spring' in mind, but mindful that it's now Autumn in South Africa, which wouldn't have helped Linda-Maree very much!

Linda's picture is of a new Audi R8. I like the angle of the picture, shows the car off very well. It looks really professional actually - you aced it, Linda, well done!
(Interestingly, white is normally the preferred marketing colour for cars, as it shows the shape better, and photographs well.)

I must confess I went back twice in order to take my chosen picture for the week...the first time I noticed the tree whilst driving out of a car park, then I drove back a day later to take the picture, but felt embarrassed and didn't, and then, finally going back a third time and taking the picture. I make my life so much more difficult than it needs to be some times!!!


It was, however, exactly what I wanted to capture...the starkness of the bare branches in the background, with the beautiful buds in front.

I love Spring!

Other pictures for the week......

I love daffodils....they symbolise Spring so eloquently.

Another example of colour returning to the trees after the long, cold Winter.

And, finally, not 'new' but 'old' friends visited our garden over the weekend......a pair of wild ducks who briefly visited a year ago, shortly after we moved in, but hadn't been seen since.
Jessi the dog isn't too impressed though, and keeps chasing them away!

That's it for now....have a lovely week.

No comments:

Post a Comment